Friday 1 August 2014

Perfecting the red lip

Let me tell you something  first,  I have the thinnest lips ever, plus they tend to get really dry and my left size of it is bigger than the other! I know my lips are not normal but well, you always need to find something that works for you and I found it.

I have been looking for a nice, durable and suiting routine that will give me the perfect red lips. We all know, that maintaining a strong colour that stay for at least a couple of hours without fading and getting into your teeth is really hard; specially if you talk, eat and kiss like any other normal person.

After trying millions of lipsticks and tips, I found the magic routine that help my lips look fuller, glossy and "perfect".





Steps I follow.  

1) It is very important that you are really patience. The chances are, it's not going to look perfect the first time you try it. Practice makes perfect.
2) I would recommend you to exfoliate your lips once in a while. I used lip exfoliated by ELF is only $3 and it last a long time. 
3) When my lips are smooth, clean and I am done with my face make up. I first apply the Tarte Lip Surgence lip tint in Elite. This gives a nice sheer red look plus it helps to protect them and works as a primer for the lipstick. 
4) Then I lined my lips with Lancome Lip contour in Cherry. I start with the bottom part and make sure to follow the original shape of my lips. 
5) Now the hard part, filling the lips. I used Sephora Cream Lip Stain in colour 01. I also, start with the bottom part and them do my top. I follow the lip counter. 
This is the best red color that I have ever used. It is long lasting and it dries matte. It last around 4 hours without smashing or fading. After that I recommend to reapplied if you wanna keep the color. 


Product I have named: 

  • Elf lip exfoliator $3  http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/lips/lip_balm/lip_exfoliator
  • Tarte lip surgence Elite-coral $29 http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=TARTE%20LipSurgence™%20Lip%20Tint%20P255102&skuId=1604719&country_switch=ca&productId=P255102&_requestid=237619
  • Lancome Lip contour in Cherry $27 http://www.lancome.ca/Le-Crayon/786075,default,pd.html?dwvar_786075_color=Berry&start=1&cgid=makeup-lip-liners-pencils 
  • Sephora Cream lip stain in 01-Always red $16 http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=SEPHORA%20COLLECTION%20Cream%20Lip%20Stain%20P281411&skuId=1323138&country_switch=ca&productId=P281411&_requestid=238332
Another good long lasting red lip is Stila Stay all day in Deep Red. However the price in almost double than the sephora at $29 http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-liquid-lipstick-P374936?skuId=1440189


What am I wearing? 

  • Massimo Dutti shirt 
  • Joe Fresh shorts 


No comments:

Post a Comment