Monday 10 November 2014

Finding the perfect mascara

I cannot live without mascara, if I have to choose just one item to wear my entire life it will be mascara! My face completely changes every time I curl my eyelashes and put some coats of black mascara.

For the past year, I have been in the hunt for my Holy Grail product; the ONE that I could not live without. Unfortunately until now, I have not be able to find. I have try millions, from drugstore to high end/really expensive ones and nothing that makes me completely satisfied.

Let me tell you a little bit about my eyelashes; I am lucky enough to have really really long eyelashes but the are facing down and it is really hard to curl them. I have had done eyelash perm (crazy, I know ) and it worked well, however, that is really expensive and I have to get it done at least every two month. Plus the smell stayed in my eyelashes for almost a week and I hated it. On one hand, it was worth it because my eyes looked so defined and perfect, on the other, it is too expensive.

After doing perm for a while I decided to stop and I started looking for a good mascara. I started with drugstore mascara such as L'Oreal's Butterfly, Maybelline Great Lash and Falsies and none of them worked for me. Then, I moved up to high end mascaras. I purchases a kit from Sephora at the beginning of the year (2014) and I started using them one by one.



There are some of the ones that I have tried and some that still have to open and see how they work.


So far I have loved:
  • Bad Gal by Benefit: it made my eyelashes look fuller and it helped hold the curl. 
  • Clinique High Impact Lashes: this one also defined my eyelashes fan out really nicely. 
  • Mac Extended Play Lashes: this will also defined my eyelashes really well and it helped hold the curl. 
  • Lancome Hypnose: amazing mascara, almost perfect but it is on the pricy side. 
  • Tarte Light, Camera lashes: this is the one I am trying at the moment and I really love it. It's great for volume and curl.   
The ones I did not like: 
  • Too faced better than sex mascara. I have read really good reviews about it but it did not work for me at all, and every time I used I ended up with mascara all over my eyes. 
  • Blinc Mascara, I HATE this mascara so much, I used just one and throw it because the only time I used made my eyelashes look so bad. The brush is good but the formula is weird. I did not see any definition. However, I have read amazing reviews about it, but I did not work for me. 
Out of my collection I have not used the Make up forever mascara, Buxom and YSL. I try to use one at the time, finish it and move on to another one so that way I have a better opinion about each of them. As well, they won't go to waste. 

If you are looking for the perfect mascara as I am, I will recommend you to purchase a kit with many different mascaras or try deluxe samples instated of buying full size products. 
Also, try to find out what looks better on you; volume, define eyelashes, falsies, a big curl, and so on. 

After trying at least 10 different brands and types of mascara I realized that what I need it; defined eyelashes with an amazing and durable curl. I have found mascaras that do one or the other but not both. I know some people layer up three different types/brands of mascara but I feel that is a waste of money because there is probably one perfect mascara out there that could make you save a lots. 
Hope you find this tips helpful and please tell me your favourite mascara! Maybe I can try it next time!  

Which is your favourite mascara?  

Sandra






2 comments:

  1. Buxom is my absolute favourite! I have long lashes as well, and buxom helps fan them out and make them look so thick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried that one yet! But it is in my collection! Thanks for the tip :)

      Delete