Sunday 2 November 2014

Sephora Favorites: Superstars Beauty must haves Hit or Miss?


Like every year Sephora launched its Sephora Favorite Superstars set. This set basically includes the top selling products of the year. The box retails for $90 plus tax and you get 12 products in total, some of them are full size and some are deluxe samples.




The first product I wanted to put my hands on for the longest time but I could not justify the price or adding one more to my collection is the Nars Blush in Orgasm (FULL SIZE $35).  In my opinion this is the perfect peachy-pinky colour that works with any skin tone and is perfect for everyday wear. A tiny bit goes a long way so be careful when you apply it. HIT!




The next product you get is Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in light (FULL SIZE $50). Another favorite of mine! It has better coverage than any other BB cream I have tried before and the colour perfectly matches my skin tone. I am on shock that there is only one color in all the boxes, so I guess this is not for everyone. HIT for me, Miss for darker skin tone ladies.




Then, there are two products from Benefit: POREfessional and They’re Real Mascara (SAMPLE SIZE $6). I do not have big pores plus for some reason I do not like the consistency of this product so I do not use POREfessional. However, I know a lot of you love it! Also I do not like They’re Real mascara; I prefer Bad Gal which works better with my crazy lashes. Probably those two items are going to be stocking gifts for friends or family. MISS for me, HIT for most of you guys!




Also, you get two liners, one being the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in dark brown $27 and the other the Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Intense Black $26. Both are FULL SIZE and worked wonder. I used Benefit Give Me Brow to fill the gaps on my brows but the Anastasia takes your brows to the next level. The Stila is good and I know a lot of people who use it but it does not matter how many times I try, I can not create a wing ! Both products are a HIT!




The last makeup product in the set is the UD Eye Shadow in Sin (FULL SIZE $22). I love it! It is an amazing product for everyday wear; especially for those days when you do not feel like wearing eye shadow but you want a little shine on your lid. HIT!




I love nail polishes and the Formula X in Ignite (FULL SIZE $13) did not disappoint me. The brush is easy to use and makes the application really even. The colour is really pigmented and it has a nice shine! I got a lot of compliments! HIT!




There is one hair product, the Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray (DELUXE SAMPLE SIZE 50 ml $18). To be honest I have never tried this product and I do not feel like giving it a try either. I like silky looking hair for the fall/winter; and for some reason I have the feeling this is more for the summer. Beachy looking hair and cold weather do not get along! If it is not going to one of my friends, I will be giving a try next summer or when I go on vacation.  MISS for now!




Two skin care products are also in the set, the Josie Maran 100% Argan Oil (SAMPLE SIZE 5 ML $20), which is perfect for that extra moisture we all need around this season, plus you can use it on your body, face and hair. I will not recommend if you have oily skin. Then you get another favorite: the Fresh Sugar Rosé Lip Balm (SAMPLE SIZE 2.2 g $10); the colour and formula are amazing! Both are a HIT!




Last but not least, it a roll-on Chloe perfume $29. I do like the scent but I do not see myself wearing it for some reason. I have been using the same perfume for ages (Flower by Kenzo) so I feel I do have to change it. MISS/HIT!




Overall the Sephora Superstars is a HIT for me even thought I would be only using 8 OUT OF 12 PRODUCTS. The colour of the BB cream, the Nars blush and the Anastasia Brow Wiz match my complexion perfectly. However, I feel this could be an issue for some ladies who might have a darker skin tone or lighter brows; this set might not be worth it for some. Also, the value for the set is $270. You will get your money worth even though you may not use one or two of the items.


If you feel you want to purchase this set but you do not like some of the products those can be perfect gifts for the Holidays! Also, you could buy this set with a friend and divide the product between the two of you; that way you both would get the products you like/need and pay less!


I hope this review will be helpful you if you wanted to purchase this set!


Which product is your favorite from this set?


Sandra G.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I got last year's Superstars kit that had most of the same products as this year's and I loved it.

    http://mollyandstacie.com

    ReplyDelete