Thursday 30 October 2014

Sephora Skin Wonderland, HIT OR MISS?


This kit is $70 CAD and contains 11 items. There is only one full size product and the rest are either deluxe or regular sample size. All are luxury and really expensive brands that I was really excited to try!
I have not tried any of these brands before so I will give you a short review on each of them.






  1. Jurlique Rosewater balancing mist (15 ml):  this is an hydrating mist to refresh both skin and mind. It has a strong rose smell (too strong for my taste). I thought the bottle would spray like the UD setting spray but it did not; it went straight to my eye and it was horrible. After putting on, I did not feel any difference on my skin. I prefer the UD setting spray.  MISS!


  1. Clarins Tonic treatment oil 30 ml: tones and firms skin while leaving skin satin soft and supple. This oil feels really hydrating on the skin but I do not want to be rude, I get the same results using baby oil. MISS!



  1. Nude oil treatment 10 ml: one of my favorite products. I used after the Ole Henriksen lemon strip flash peel and it absorbed really quickly. The smell is strong but it did not sit on my face. However, I will do not recommend this to someone with oily skin because it has a really thick consistency. HIT!    

  1. L’Occitane Amande cleasing oil 75 ml: it transforms to foam when in contact with the water.   I like the product but I do not see myself repurchasing after. As well, it is not what I look in a luxury product. MISS!


  1. Caudalie Hand and nail cream 75ml – Full size - $19 value: the smell is really strong. I did not like it at all, my hands felt really greasy for good 30 minutes. I did not like the formula and the consistency. MISS!


  1. Josie Maran intensive infinity creamy oil 5 ml: it has a petroleum jelly consistency and it is really thick and creamy. It sinks in easily in the skin but is thick so I won’t recommend it for oily skin. This is one of my favorite items, however it is the smallest one!  HIT!


  1. Lavanilla Labaratories The Healthy deodorant 25 gr: the good thing is that it does not have any harsh chemical in it and the smell is really pleasant.  It is a nice compact size so I am going to save it for when I go on vacation. HIT!


  1. Amore Pacific treatment enzyme peel 7gr: powder that activates  with water. The only product that does not smell really strong. If I have to compare with something it will be the Tacha Rice Enzyme Powder. Both have the same consistency and I got similar results. I really liked but again the packaging is so small. HIT!


  1. Kate Somerville ExfoliKates intensive exfoliating treatment -15 ml - $25 value: I have heard amazing reviews about this item and I know it is the perfect product for people who suffer from acne, I have not tried it yet but I think I will give to my sister and see what she thinks. I have a lot of exfoliating products so she will enjoy it better. HIT for her!


  1. Ole Henriksen lemon strip flash peel 15 gr: I tried it with my sister to see which results this would give us. She felt an itchy sensation and I did not feel anything at all. The overall results were amazing; my skin felt so soft afterward. Another favorite! HIT!


  1. Shiseido Benefiance wrinkle resist 24 express smoothing eye mask: I have not tried this product yet but I have read amazing reviews about it. I am just waiting for my final exam week to come so I can use it and give it a better review.  My under eye circle look horrible around the season!  

Overall like all other Sephora Superstars sets you get your money worth ($189 value) but I do not like it enough to recommend it, because if you are sensitive to smells (like me) or have oily skin this set won’t be worth it for you. Also, there is just one full size item, which is the one I hated the most.  As well, even though I loved several products, I cannot afford any of them in their full size version, which is so sad! This set is good if you purchase with someone else and try the products together like I did with my sister. We had a Friday night spa type of day where we experimented with most of products but again, $70 it is too much for my low overall satisfaction with this Sephora Skin Wonderland set.

As always, I hope this review was helpful to you.

If you’ve tried any of these products, which ones do you prefer?

Sandra

1 comment: